Sunday, September 25, 2011

Give It a Shot (Day 7 of 60)

One more day down and I’m closer to finishing this fast.

It was a little easier today. I’m still getting “cravings” for fast foods especially – which is weird because at most I only get fast food once a week, but for the last couple of years, it has been more like twice a month. It’s those engineered foods with “addictive” ingredients – high fructose corn syrup, I suppose.

We watched a movie over the last few days recommended by some friends, “Forks over Knives”. It was pretty good, basically advocating a vegan-only diet. While I can obviously see the benefits of a high fruit/veggie diet, I don’t want to cut out my meat and dairy. I don’t mind severely limiting the intake, but I am really looking forward to the time when I am able to eat some more of those things I’m denying myself right now.

That’s the thing. I’m denying myself now because I’ve been so negligent in the past and allowed myself too much indulgence. This lesson is a good one.

Anyway, let’s get to the report.

I fasted this morning as it’s a Sunday. I did have a bit of bread with Holy Communion and a little wine. For my lunch, I had a nice little juice.

Sunday Brunch Juice
Empire Apples (4)
Orange (1)
Lime (1)
Cucumber (1)
I absolutely love these apples. I wish I could eat them because they have an incredible firmness.

My wife commented that I should juice my collards separately and take a shot of them before I drink my regular juice.

So I tried that tonight (3 large handfuls). Ooooo that was so nasty. Granted, I held my nose and didn’t notice it until after I swallowed the green juice. It actually burned a little bit.

I followed it with a decent juice.
Decent Dinner Juice
Carrot (1)
Celery (2 stalks)
Empire Apples (2)
Lime (1)
Cucumber (1)
Zucchini (one-half large)
This one was a little hard to get down. The carrot didn’t mix well, but I drank it, and life goes on.

I’ll probably have more collard shots over the next couple of days just because it’s so good for me.

Nancy is very impressed with the weight loss so far and how I’m already showing some significant slimming in face and on the stomach. I’m pleased she’s seeing it.

I’m beginning to enjoy the whole juicing thing while I’m still pining for some good eats. This diet is a little hard, but I think it'll be well worth it.

You might want to think about trying it too, if only to gain some energy and healthier aspects.

At the "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" site they offer lots of information -- not just about the 60 day fast -- but about shorter, more easily sustained dieting options. Regardless, it's a great thing to eat more veggies and fruits.

Give it a shot. ;)


Thank you again for your prayers and kind thoughts. Keep ‘em up, please.

Later,
K+

No comments:

Post a Comment